Under Clause 13 of the 2009 RACMA Constitution an Executive Committee:
- There will be an Executive Committee of the Board which will consist of the President, the Vice-President, the Chairperson of the Finance and Audit Committee and the Chairperson of the Education and Training Committee.
- Three Directors, one of whom is the President or Vice-President, will comprise a quorum of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee may during the intervals between meetings of the Board exercise such of the functions, powers and discretions of the Board in the management and direction of the business and the conduct of the affairs of the College as may be entrusted to it from time to time by the Board or such as the Executive Committee in cases of emergency in its absolute discretion may deem it necessary to exercise.
- Any action taken by the Executive Committee must be reported to the next meeting of the Board by its inclusion on the agenda.
- The Censor-in-Chief and the Chairperson of the Continuing Education Program Committee may be invited to attend meetings of the Executive Committee, observe its decision-making processes and provide advice or information but will not be Directors and will not be entitled to vote.
Executive Committee Meetings
The Executive of the Board Meetings will be scheduled each month between full Board Meetings. The President in consultation with the Chief Executive decides priority business for the Executive between meetings of the Board. Where there are priority decisions to be made between Board meetings a meeting of the Executive of the Board meeting will be held. Decisions made by the Executive of the Board will be reported and ratified by the full Board at its next meeting. The delegations of the Executive of the Board will de defined by S13 of the RACMA Constitution. If there are no matters requiring decision by the Executive of the Board the Meeting of the Executive of the Board will be cancelled.